Fall is here, and with it comes colder evenings and crunchy leaves.
When summer is over I find myself turning from fresh salads and tangy foods to warmer, heartier meals. This was my first experimentation with butternut squash, but the flavor went perfectly with the smoky taste of the sausage.
This recipe was “Aaron Approved” so this may be a great way to introduce squash skeptics to the deliciousness they are missing out on!
- 2 cups butternut squash (cut into cubes)
- 1 link of beef sausage
- dried rosemary to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- olive oil
- slice up the sausage and begin to heat in the pan
- after the sausage begins to sizzle, drizzle the pan with olive oil and add the squash
- let the mixture cook until the squash is tender
- season with salt, pepper, and dried rosemary to taste