This stew is another one of my fall favorites.
This recipe is inspired by a stew that my mom made a lot while we were growing up. It brings back warm childhood memories for me; it has always been a family favorite and I couldn’t wait to try my hand at it.
My mom usually served it with some homemade cornbread, and I would highly suggest that as it makes for the perfect fall combination.
- 1 lb. stew meat
- 1 (32 oz.) carton of beef broth
- 1 package turkey gravy mix
- 2 or 3 small sliced potatoes
- 1 cup frozen carrots
- 1/2 cup red cooking wine (approximately)
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce (approximately)
- salt and pepper to taste
- onion powder to taste
- Place the stew meat in the crock pot for about 30 minutes, add some salt, pepper, and onion powder. ( I like to let it get a head start while I am getting ready to go to work)
- Add in all the rest of the ingredients and stir well.
- Turn the Crock Pot to low
- Come home to a Fall Feast! 🙂