It is almost Thanksgiving! I am loving this week off (even though I have strep… yay 😉 ) The cool weather and the beautiful changing trees have really made it begin to feel like the holiday season.
Before Thanksgiving is over and we begin the mad rush towards Christmas, I really like to savor the fact that Thanksgiving is a holiday centered around family and good food. Two of my favorite things in this world!
This is my first time to ever host Thanksgiving and I am having so much fun adding creative touches to my meal plan.
My sister Hannah is here early and we decided to try out a Pinterest idea I found..miniature apples pies.
Not only are these mini pies the perfect solution for not owning multiple pie dishes, but they are simple and adorable at that.
Add these to your Thanksgiving table for an easy, creative touch.
- muffin tins
- miniature leaf fondant cutter (Hobby Lobby)
- Pillsbury pie crusts (1 pack of 2)
- I large can of apple pie filling
- set the over to 425 degrees
- spray the muffin tin with non stick spray
- roll out the pie crust and use a cup to cut out circles
- place circles of dough in muffin tin and fill with apple filling
- bake for 12 minutes
- cut out fondant leaves and place on top
- bake for another 5-7 minutes (or until the liquid is bubbly and the crust is crisp)
Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!!
What are the creative touches you like to add to your Thanksgiving meal?