This rice was inspired by Chipotle; we wanted to be able to make it at home!
Why eat plain rice when you can have this?? This Cilantro Lime Rice goes perfectly with any Mexican dish.
Burrito bowls are one of the fastest, cheapest, and most flavorful ways to eat at home on the weeknights.
A lot of times, I whip up a huge batch of this rice, some crockpot chicken, and a batch of beans and we eat on it all week. It is perfect to take to work, or to heat up after coming home late.
Just top this rice off with chicken, black beans, shredded lettuce, corn salsa, sour cream, quac, and cheese. YUM!
- Jasmati Rice (Jasmati Rice is a conventionally bred, inbred line (variety) of long grain of rice whose name is derived from Jasmine rice and Basmati)
- fresh limes
- fresh cilantro
- Follow the instructions on the rice package to cook the rice.
- Add in a few pats of butter to keep the rice soft.
- Slice the lime into wedges and begin squeezing them out on the rice one at a time (watch out for seeds!). Stir the rice after each wedge and taste. Continue adding lime until the rice reaches the desired flavor. (We like a lot of lime in our rice but I don’t want to overwhelm you 🙂 )
- Add some salt to the mixture, stir and taste again.
- Chop the top of the cilantro bunch off and slice the leaves up into smaller pieces.
- Add the cilantro to the rice. I usually find that 1 loose handful is enough for a large pot of rice (by large pot I mean about 3 cups of dry rice)
What are you favorite copycat recipes?